A manager can create tasks for employees. These tasks can be assigned to one or more employees, depending on the project. Better still, a task can be assigned to a group of employees. This is very useful because a new employee joining the group will automatically be assigned the tasks already being undertaken by that group.
- From the Dashboard, go to “Projects & Tasks.”
2. Select “Tasks”
3. Click on “Create New Task”
4. Enter a descriptive task name
5. Assign the task to one or more employees. This will appear in their task list.
6. If you wish to assign the task to one or more groups, this is how you do it.
Just below the task description, navigate to “Assign this task to Groups.” Choose the relevant group or groups from the drop-down list.
Note: When you assign a task to a group, each member in that group automatically gets assigned that task. New members joining that group will also get the task in their task lists.
- Choose whether to notify the employee about the new task. In addition, set the time budget for the task.
8. Enter the task start and end dates
9. Enter additional information.
This information covers the type of task, and the category of employees who will be handling the task. You can also set the priority of the task here.
10. Save the task
You will get a prompt informing you that you have successfully created the new task.
The employee will also a notification that they have a new task in their task list.